“Requiem For A Young Man is a feast for the senses…”
Ronald Owen is the composer, lyricist, and visionary behind Requiem for a Young Man. His work spans film, stage, and concert productions.
- Winner of the 2007 Dove Award, Best Instrumental Album of the Year, for the soundtrack to the feature film “End of the Spear.”
- Composer, orchestrator, conductor and co-producer for the film score and soundtrack for the full length feature film “End of the Spear” recorded in Prague with the Czech Film Orchestra and Chorus. Won Best Feature Film at the Heartland Film Festival, 2005. Won Best Picture at the Sabaoth International Film Festival 2006. Theatrical release, January 2006 by Twentieth Century Fox.
- Composer and orchestrator for the ten episode film project “H20” produced by City On A Hill Productions. Released by Standard Publishing, July 2006.
- Composer, orchestrator and producer of original score to the documentary film “Open Secrets” chronicling a story of the AIDS epidemic in Africa. Produced by Bearing Fruit Communications, 2005.
- Composer, lyricist, orchestrator and producer of the stage musical “The Kingdom, The Power, The Glory” performed at the Holy Land Experience, Orlando, Florida.
- Director of Production at the Holy Land Experience in Orlando, Florida from November 2000 – July 2005. Oversaw all aspects of musical and dramatic entertainment. Created and produced a variety of live shows in diverse venues. Responsible for show managers, stage managers, cast, crew, technicians and wardrobe staff.
- Composer, lyricist and Musical Director for “Ben-Hur: The Musical” which premiered in Orlando, Florida in November 1999. Involved in creative development, casting, directing musical rehearsals and conducting the orchestra for all performances.
- Creator, composer, lyricist and orchestrator for “Mim” the musical love story of Mary and Joseph. Premiered in 1996 in Cleveland, Ohio with performances in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles.